Friday, October 14, 2011

{31 Days to a Fuinctional Kitchen} Day 14: What's in your Pantry?

Yesterday I shared my essential spices that are a must in my kitchen.  Having these and other go-to items in my pantry make it quick and easy to throw a meal together.  In addition to the spices there are a few other essentials...these are the items that when you are making dinner (recipe or not) are necessary to add flavor and consistency to your meats, vegetables and other foods.


Oils -
  • olive oil
  • canola oil
  • peanut oil
  • sesame oil
  • vegetable oil
  • other___________________________

Vinegars -
  • white vinegar
  • apple cider vinegar
  • balsamic vinegar
  • white wine vinegar
  • other___________________________
Condiments -
  • salt & pepper
  • ketchup
  • yellow mustard
  • spicy mustard
  • brown mustard
  • mayonnaise
  • salsa (I often have a couple of different kinds that I have made and canned myself)
  • soy sauce
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • pepper sauce (like Tabasco, Sriracha, etc.)
  • barbecue sauce (again, I often have a couple of different kinds on hand)
  • sweet chili sauce (we love this for all of our Asian inspired dishes)
  • other___________________________
What are the go to flavor enhancers in your pantry and fridge?  These are the items that I can't live without but I am certain there are others. 

1 comment:

  1. I need my soy sauce, sesame oil and mirin (Japanese sweet cooking alcohol).


Thank you for visiting OFH! The spam has been so bad I had to turn on the word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.